Friday, February 11, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!



In celebration of Valentines day I thought I would post some things I am IN LOVE with right now. First up is cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Here is my favorite recipe for these simple and delicious cupcakes...

1 pkg. chocolate cake mix
1 pkg. instant chocolate pudding
1 cup sour cream
4 large eggs
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1 1/2 cup MINI chocolate chips
2 (8 ounce) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
3-4 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract

Mix the first 6 ingredients together with an electric beater. Add chocolate chips. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners and fill with batter half way full (I always do half way full instead of 3/4 full and they turn out perfect) Cook in oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool. For cream cheese frosting, in a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter. Mix in the vanilla, then gradually stir in the powdered sugar (start with 2 cups then keep adding more until it is nice and thick).

I usually have plenty of frosting, which is good because quite a bit of it ends up getting eaten by me before they ever get on the cupcakes :)

"Free" and "cute" are 2 words that I LOVE. Here are some very cute and totally free printable Valentines. Click HERE to print them out.



I LOVE this adorable Valentines quilt by Pine Mountain Designs called Love Line. Look at the little undies hanging on the line! SO CUTE!



And lastly, I was so excited to find out last week that there is a new Jane Eyre movie coming out next month (March 11th). I LOVE this book! I can't count how many times I've read it. I think the book is quite dark and am excited to see the movie looks the same.




I hope you all find lots to FALL IN LOVE with this Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment