Thursday, January 10, 2013

A New Year


 
I made it through Christmas. I even had a little fun. Ok...we had a lot of fun this year, but I am glad to get back to our regularly scheduled program. That first day sending the kids back to school and cleaning up the mess felt SO GOOD. 
 
Christmas Eve I started to feel a little extra tired. By Christmas day I was sure I was coming down with something. The next 3 days were horrible. I spent most of my time doing this...
 
 
(Watching Doctor Who, my newest obsession.
 David Tennant is adorable!)
 
I had the flu. The real "couldn't breath, achy body, I think I'm dying" flu. I haven't experienced that in a while. It was shocking to say the least.
 
By the 3rd day after Christmas I felt well enough to don some jeans and head out for my birthday. The kids spent the night at grandma's and we had all sorts of grand plans. None of which happened because of how bad I felt. We got some Chinese and went to a local store to buy my gift...
 
 
Our family. I love it!
 
By New Year's I was feeling better, if maybe just a little extra tired. We stayed home and had a party with the kids.
 
 
The next day we headed to the ice skating rink. Only one out of the five of us can really skate, though The Boy tries really hard. My husband ended up taking turns towing us around the rink a few times before we left.
 
 
 She wouldn't let go of the wall.
 
 
We topped it off with a trip to the ice cream shop.
 
 
She's a little excited... I think there's more candy in that cup than ice cream.
 
 
Now it's 2013 and time for some New Year's resolutions, right? Well, here's what I'm going to do (or keep doing) this year...
 
I started a new quilt
 
 
I discovered at the mall that I fit into these size 4s! (haven't done that since high school)
They're even a bit baggy, but buying the 2s scared me.
 
 
And I'm going to keep this up.  
 
 
I still have a little way to go.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment