Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Halloween Countdown mini quilt

I love counting down holidays with the kids! It's really fun to get them as excited as possible and watch them squirm with anticipation as the last days get closer and closer. Paper chains, advent calendars, and now this cute little wall quilt will help us count down the 31 days of October. We love Halloween at our house. It all started with the boy being born in October. It's his favorite holiday and his favorite time of year, and a child's enthusiasm is very contagious.
When I first saw the fabric line called Boo! To You! by Riley Blake Fabrics (fast becoming my favorite fabric producer) I instantly thought countdown calendar. The middle black and gray dot is just a fat quarter, I printed off "Halloween Countdown" from a font on my computer and stitched it with a back stitch and DMC floss, then added a border and Velcro to hold the little spooks on the quilt. I ironed Pellon fusible fleece on the back of the fabric with the little spooks and then cut around each one.

My daughter helped me out a lot too by cutting out the little spooks. She's at school right now and I can't wait for her to come home so I can show her our little quilt all finished waiting for the first day in October.
P.S. I just found THIS other incredibly cute Halloween Countdown quilt using the SAME fabric on the Riley Blake Blog! Kind of wish I would have found this before I began mine, but it's nice to have something straight from my own head finished. I'm thinking now of making the same quilt only using the Colorful Christmas line!


No comments:

Post a Comment