Monday, July 12, 2010

For the last time ...

I took the crib down today. It's sitting in the garage, waiting to be taken to the DI. I didn't even realize the significance of what I was doing, until it was done. This same crib has been up in our house for pretty close to 9 years straight. Lately it has been used as a toddler bed for C, with the side taken off. But I have no plans of putting it back up again ... ever.

So how do I feel about this? Surprisingly good! It is a relief to have it out of my life. Nothing personal against the crib; it's really cute! My mom and I picked it out together before "the boy" (that's his new name, "I" just wasn't working out) was born. But I have decided that the baby years are really just the beginning for many more wonderful things to come. In fact, I much more enjoy having a toddler, or even a preschooler, than a baby. Babies are a lot of work, they only stay babies for a very short time, and the only real reward you get is watching them grow into toddlers. So I guess I am reaping the rewards today by taking down the crib. I now consider C a preschooler, and a great one at that!

2 comments:

  1. I would say sell that crib on KSL instead of the DI. It could put some money in your pocket for some new fabric - but don't tell Bruce :)

    I love C - it is so fun to watch them grow up!

    ReplyDelete